Philly Cheese Steak Flatbread Pizza
(Makes two 13inch round pizzas)
1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
1 ¾ cup all purpose flour, plus more if needed
2Tbsp olive oil, plus more for bowl and serving
10 slices provolone cheese
8oz baby Bella mushrooms (sliced)
1 small green pepper (sliced thin)
1 medium onion (sliced thin)
1lb chipped rare roast beef (from the deli)
10 slice havarti cheese
2Tbsp butter or margarine
1/4tsp garlic powder
Make The Dough
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast over 4 Tbsp lukewarm water. Let stand for about 5 minutes until dissolved, stirring once.
- Put the flour on to a work surface with the cornmeal and salt. Make a large well in the center, add 1 cup lukewarm water, the oil, and dissolved yeast.
- With your fingertips, work the ingredients in the well until thoroughly mixed. Draw in the flour mixture, working it into the other ingredients with your hand to form a smooth dough. It should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Sprinkle the dough and your hands with flour, and begin to knead by holding the dough with one hand and pushing it away from you with the other. Give the dough a quarter turn and knead for 5-7 minutes, until it is very smooth, elastic, and forms a ball. If the dough sticks while kneading, flour the work surface.
Brush a large bowl with oil and put it in the dough, flipping it so the surface is lightly oiled. Cover with a damp kitchen towel, or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (1-1 ½ hours). To test the dough, press it gently but firmly with your forefinger. If the dough holds the impression of your finger, it has risen sufficiently.
NOTE: Quick Rising Tip:
Place 2 cups of water in microwave, Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Place dough in microwave with cups of hot water and let rise for 20 minutes.
For Each Pizza:
- Press dough onto 13” round pizza pan until it is covered
- Lightly sauté the onions, mushrooms, and green peppers with a small amount of butter or margarine, garlic, and Cathy's Basil Leaf. Do not over cook. Drain and set aside.
- Press dough onto pan until it is covered.
- Lightly drizzle the dough with ranch dressing. Spread evenly.
- Put 5 slices of havarti cheese on dough, it will not completely cover dough.
- Put 5 slices of provolone cheese on top of havarti cheese.
- Spread ½lb chipped roast beef, then spread evenly with vegetables
Bake on 475 for 15-20 minutes or until brown