Sauté Chicken with Prawns
2Tbsp vegetable oil
13oz raw large prawns
4lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1 onion, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3Tbsp Paul Masson brandy
7oz canned chopped tomatoes
1Tbsp tomato paste
1 bouquet garni made with 5-3 parsley stalks, 2-3 thyme sprigs, and 1 bay leaf
4Tbsp dry white wine
½-cup chicken stock
Leaves from 4-6 parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp and sauté over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp turn pink and begin to lose their transparency. Remove them with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and Tones Ground Black Pepper and them to the pan, skin-side down. Brown well over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Turn and brown the other side for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the onion, shallots, and garlic letting them fall to the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Until the vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Pour in Paul Masson brandy and bring to a boil, hold a lighted match to the side of the pan to set the alcohol alight. Base until the flames subside. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, bouquet garni, wine, stock, salt, and pepper, stir well, and bring to a boil
Cover and simmer, turning for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil. Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until thickened. Return the chicken and shrimp and reheat, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Discard the bouquet garni. Arrange on warmed plates. Spoon the sauce over, sprinkle with parsley, and serve at once.
To make Garni:
5-3 parsley stalks
2-3 thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
- mix herbs and place in small coffee filter
- tie filter closed with thread