Coconut Shrimp & Chicken on a Stick
With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
¾ cup pure sweet honey
½ cup Dijon mustard
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
Tones Sea Salt to taste
Several sprigs cilantro stems removed, leaves finely chopped
1. Whisk honey, mustard, mayonnaise, and sour cream together in a bowl
2. Season with salt and correct the seasoning (if needed) with a couple more teaspoons of honey
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
4. Garnish with cilantro
3 chicken breast cut length wise into ¼ inch strips
2lb jumbo shrimp (cleaned & deveined)
All the remaining ingredients are dived in half: half for chicken, half for shrimp
4 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp of Tones Sea Salt
4 cup of flour divided (more if needed)
4 cups Panko bread crumbs
2 cup of coconut flakes
30 wooden bamboo skewers
1 tall cup of water (for soaking bamboo sticks)
Canola oil (for deep frying)
Recommendation: prepare all shrimp before turning on fryer. The cooking process is very quick.
1. Soak skewers in tall glass of water for at least 2 hours. ( soaking skewers causes them not to burn during frying)
2. Rinse shrimp and pat dry
3. Beat 2 eggs, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp coconut milk together in a small bowl and pour into a flat pan.
4. Pour 1 cup of flour onto plate
5. Mix 2 cups Panko bread crumbs and 1 cup coconut flakes together in medium bowl and pour onto a plate pan
6. Place 4 shrimp per skewer, sliding skewer from tail to top of shrimp and when placing the 4th shrimp onto skewer be sure not to slide skewer all the way through top of shrimp so that skewer point is sticking out.
7. Roll shrimp on skewer in flour
8. Roll floured skewer in egg mixture
9. Roll skewer in egg mixture in Panko and coconut mixture and place on a pan. Repeat until all shrimp skewers are complete.
10. Add oil to deep fryer and heat to 375 degrees
11. When oil is hot place skewer with shrimp side down into oil. Fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on cookie rack so that the oil does not cause the breading to become soggy. Repeat until all skewers are complete.
Coconut Chicken Skewers
1. Rinse and pat dry chicken. Slide 2 chicken strips onto skewer and repeat steps 3 - 10.
Dip in honey mustard sauce