Italian Stuffed Flank Steak
3.5 lb beef flank steak butter flied
6 minced garlic cloves
1 medium onion diced
2 green onions chopped
1 cup of coarsely chopped mushrooms
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1 tsp Cathy's Basil Leaf
1 tsp Cathy's Oregano leaf
8 0z of leek & mushroom Monterey Jack cheese, in slices
1 egg beaten
3 tbsp canola oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp Cathy's Basil Leaf
1 tsp Cathy's Oregano Leaf
1 tsp Tones Sea Salt
1 tsp Tones Granulated Garlic
1 large storage bag
1 small scallion diced
2 tbsp butter
2 cups of beef broth, McCormicks Beef Bouillon
2 tbsp McCormicks Brown Gravy Mix
¼ cup red wine
1. Mix basil, oregano, salt, granulated garlic in small bowl. Add vinegar mix well, slowly add olive oil.
2. Cover steak with plastic wrap, tenderize meat with a tenderizer mallet. Place flank steak in storage bag and pour marinade on steak, make sure steak is completely covered. Seal bag and marinade 12 hours. Remove steak from bag.
Preheat Oven 350 degrees
3. In medium bowl mix together 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, minced garlic, diced onion and chopped mushrooms. Mix well and spread on top of flank steak. Top with cheese slices and roll flank steak closed. Tie roast closed with cooking string.
4. Brush beaten egg on outside of roast.
5. In small bowl mix bread crumbs, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, pour crumb mix onto a flat pan and roll meat in bread crumbs.
6. Heat a large skillet with canola oil on medium. Brown meat roll on every side until golden brown. Remove from pan and place on a roasting rack. Place in oven and roast uncovered in oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with foil allowing meat to rest 10 minutes before cutting.
1. Melt butter in medium size sauce pan add scallions, sauté until translucent. Add wine reduce by half. Add beef broth and slowly add gravy mix. Simmer on low until desired thickness is achieved. Serve over meat