Special Fried Rice
1 1/2 cups of Uncle Ben Rice
1/4 cup of used vegetables cooking oil
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
I medium white onion diced
1/2 medium bell pepper finely diced
1 boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup diced ham cubes
1 cup of small salad shrimp
1 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup soy sauce
1. Pour rice in bowl and rinse in cold water. Drain in colander. Repeat until water is clear and no starch is in water.
2. Place rice in pot and cover with water, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and strain rice in a colander. Repeat step 1 until water is clear.
3. Pour rice back into pot, add dash of salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil cover with lid and reduce heat to low and simmer. Stir rice with fork to keep rice loose, never use a spoon. Allow to cook until rice is tender not mushy. Approximately 15 minutes, if rice is hard cook until tender.
4. Strain rice and rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Allow rice to sit in colander until rice completely cools. Cover rice with foil,then place rice in refrigerator for 3 hours or can be made a day in advanced.
5. Scramble eggs in a small bowl, heat wok, add tablespoon of oil. Scramble eggs in wok and place in a small bowl.
6. Heat wok; add tablespoon oil when oil has been heated add chicken breast. Sear on both sides cook until juices run clear. Remove from wok and chop into bit size pieces, set chicken in bowl.
7. Wipe wok clean. Heat wok adds 1/4 cup oil when oil is hot add onion and green peppers. Sauté for 1 minute, do not allow onions to brown.
8. Add ham chunks & chicken sauté 2 minutes
9. Add rice, stir or flip rice constantly. Add soy sauce continue flipping rice. Add bean sprouts, and shrimp. Flip until rice is mixed well. Be careful not to burn rice. (Constant flipping of the rice prevents sticking to wok. Serve rice with extra soy sauce & sweet and sour.