2 russet potatoes
1 ½ tsp salt
2 tbsp corn starch
½ tsp dry mint leaves
½ tsp red pepper
½ tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp citric acid (Ball Fresh Fruit Protector)
1. Cut potatoes in to fries. Sprinkle salt on fries and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Pour canola oil in pan and heat on medium high. (about 375 degrees)
3. Mix remaining ingredients in bowl.
4. Pat fries dry with paper towel. Sprinkle spice mixture over fries and mix well.
5. Add fries to hot oil. Do not over crowd pan. Fry until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from pan and place on cooling wrack so that fries don’t sit in dripping oil and become soggy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!