Spicy Chicken Ciabatta Sandwiches
1lb boneless & skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
4 (3oz) ciabatta rolls split in half
4 slices of provolone cheese
½ tsp Tones Sweet Basil Leaf
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 scallion minced
1 scallion minced
1 tsp Tones Cajun seasoning
½ tsp Cathy's Basil Leaf
¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
Roasted Vegetable Toppings
1 small zucchini cut length wise in to strips & in half
1 red onion sliced
1 large tomato sliced
1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Season with Tones Ground Black Pepper & Tones Sea Salt
Dressing for sandwich
½ cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayo
1 tbsp Honey Dijon Mustard
1/2 tbsp red curry paste
¼ cups of sundried tomatoes in oil
¼ tsp salt
1. Mix sour cream, mayo, mustard, salt and red curry paste together. Slowly add sundried tomatoes. Place in refrigerator until ready to use on sandwiches.
1. Place chicken breast on cutting board, cover with plastic wrap and pound chicken with tenderizer until chicken is reduced by half its thickness.
2. Add all marinade ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix well. Spread marinade all over chicken and cover with plastic wrap for 2 hours.
3. When chicken is ready heat large skillet on medium high, add 2 tbsp olive oil. When oil is hot place chicken breast in pan and sear breast on both sides for 5 minutes or until juices run clear.
4. Dice chicken into small pieces, seta aside.
Roasted Vegetables Directions
Preheat oven to broil
5. In a large bowl mix White Balsamic Vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Add vegetables and coat well. Place vegetables on flat pan on and broil in oven for 10 minutes. Turning occasionally. Remove from oven.
Building the sandwich
1. Heat George Formen grill or Panini grill. Brush top of bread with olive oil, layer sandwich with chicken, slice of cheese, roasted vegetables, dressing and grill until bread is slightly browned and has grill lines in the bun. Remove from grill, cut sandwich in angles making 4 small triangles. Place tooth picks in sandwich to hold together.