Chicken Carbonara with Bacon
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
½ lb thick sliced bacon cut into ¼ inch slices
½ cup plain bread crumbs
½ tsp Cathy's Basil Leaf
½ tsp Cathy's Oregano Leaf
½ tsp kosher salt
12oz spaghetti noodles
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Tones Ground Black Pepper
1/2 cup white wine
½ cup chicken broth (Tones Chicken Bouillon)
2 tbsp lemon juiced
¼ cup Cathy's Parsley Flakes
1. Place chicken breast on cutting board and place between two sheets of plastic wrap. Tenderize with mallet until half the size.
2. In a small bowl mix bread crumbs, basil, oregano, and kosher salt. Pour crumb mix on to flat dish. Dredge chicken breast through crumb mix on both sides.
3. In a small bowl mix together parmesan cheese, eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. In another bowl mix together wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice.
4. In a large skillet cook bacon in batches until crispy. Drain on paper towel.
5. Fry chicken pieces in bacon fat until fully cooked. Drain on paper towel. Cut chicken into bit size pieces.
6. Deglaze pan with wine mixture scraping up any bits at the bottom of the pan. Cook about 2-3 minutes.
7. Prepare noodles according to package
8. While noodles are cooking crumble bacon & chicken into wine glaze mixture, add parmesan/egg mixture and mix well.
9. Add noodles and Cathy's Parsley Flakes to mixtures and serve!