(Serves 6 – 8)
For the vinaigrette
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Tones Sea Salt & Tones Ground Black Pepper
½ cup extra- virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Cathy's Parsley Flakes
For the Salad
2 small cucumbers
2 1/4lb tomatoes
1 red onion
2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and diced
1 cup Kalamata or other Greek Olives
6oz feta cheese, cubed
Making the Vinaigrette
1. Whisk together all vinegars, Tones Sea Salt, and Tones Ground Black Pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil so the vinaigrette emulsifies and thickens slightly. Add the herbs, then whisk again and taste for seasoning.
Preparing the vegetables
1. Peel the cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Discard seeds.
2. Cut them lengthwise into 2 – 3 strips, then into 1/2 inch slices.
3. With small tip of knife, core the tomatoes. Cut each one into 8 wedges, and then cut each wedge in half. Peel and trim red onion and cut into thin rings. Gently separate the concentric circles within each onion ring with your fingers.
Assemble the salad
1. Put the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion rings, and peppers in a large bowl. Briskly whisk dressing, pour it over and toss thoroughly. Add the olives and feta and gently toss together. Taste for seasoning. In Greece olives would be left whole, but you may prefer to pit them. Allow the flavors to mellow for about 30 minutes before serving.