Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
8Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 large shallots, finely diced
8 cloves garlic, sliced
Pinch Cathy's Red Chili Pepper Flakes (optional)
20 jumbo shrimp, about 1 pound, peeled and deveined, tail on
Kosher salt and freshly Cracked Tones Black Pepper
2tsp lemon pepper
1 cup dry white wine
2 lemons, juiced
1/4 cup Cathy's Parsley Flakes
Fresh Cracked Tones Pepper
1. For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When it has come to the boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini. Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover. When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done. Drain the pasta and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter in 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Sauté the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Season the shrimp with salt and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm.
5. Add wine, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper and bring to a boil.
6. Add 4 tablespoons butter and 4 tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta.
7. Stir well and season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper (as needed.
8. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.